Members of the Guelph Arts and Culture community have joined together to define a strategic marketing position for the arts and culture community within the broader Guelph community.
The goal of this project is to define a shared identity that will support economic sustainability and audience development throughout the professional arts and culture community, as well as tourism and economic development initiatives for the Guelph community-at-large.
Guelph Arts and Culture Community Mission Statement
Arts and Culture in Guelph measurably contributes to community wellness and wellbeing, providing education, inclusivity, authenticity and creative innovation.
Guelph Arts and Culture Community Vision Statement
Guelph’s Arts and Culture sector supports the social and economic growth and sustainability of the entire community.
The Essence of Guelph’s Arts and Culture Community:
Guelph provides continuous opportunities to experience and participate in creativity: opportunities for discovery.
Strategic Market Positioning:
It is measurably valuable to have a thriving arts and culture community as an authentic platform for sharing community-defining stories of heritage, humanity and happenings.
The role of the arts is to inform people, and Guelph is a repository for unique, fascinating stories that positively support a strong, distinct community position. Arts and culture supports growth and vibrancy in the broader Guelph community by telling these stories, continually sparking new ideas,events and economies.
1. Achieving a balance between artistic mission and economic need, and creating a sustainable economy for artistic work is essential for community artists and arts organizations to be sustainable and healthy in the long-term.
2. Creative innovation is essential to develop a culture of innovation in the broader community.
3. Authenticity is fundamental to Guelph’s Arts and Culture community.
4. On a per-capita basis, Guelph’s existing arts and culture community is one of the densest pockets of thriving culture that you can find in Canada.
5. It is measurably valuable to have a thriving arts and culture community in the Guelph community, as an authentic platform for sharing community-defining stories of heritage, history, humanity and happenings.
Please click the following links to download the entire strategic planning documents:
An Open Letter to Guelph's Arts & Culture community Dec 1 2011 (31.4 KB)
Guelph Arts and Culture brand plan 2011 (2.5 MB)